Whether you are a person with a disability looking for work, a business leader, disability rights advocate, HR Director, ‘ a buyer of HR technology’, a regulatory body, legal and/or compliance advisor, AI developer, or influencer engaged in the ethical and responsible AI debate we’d love you to join us.
We need to get the world’s more than 1.3 billion human beings with disabilities into the global Responsible and Ethical AI debate – you can help by joining our “ What about disability?” challenge.
It isn’t hard – just interrupt every discussion on race and gender bias to ask “And what about disability?” “What about disability equality?’ AND then consider the following questions:
- What about the discrimination triggered when ‘disability biased AI tools are dropped into already hard to navigate automated recruitment processes?
- What about validating these tools on persons with a range of disabilities?
- What about the fact that you cant predict a disabled candidate’s future performance if the AI tool ignores the role of the reasonable adjustments that make high performance – and fair treatment – possible?
- What will it take to get the worlds already 1.3 billion persons with disability into the world view of those influencing the responsible and ethical AI debate?
- What guidance do developers require if their AI powered recruitment tools are to treat persons with disabilities fairly- including the 1 in 5 women with disabilities?
- How can procurement mitigate the legal and reputation risks triggered for the employer who buys this technology?
- Will regulators soon require developers to prove their products are safe for job seekers and employees with disabilities before they can put them on the market?
And if you have recent experience as a job seeker or employee with a disability which helps us all to understand the real life impact of this technology – please do get in touch.
If you want to learn more about Disability Ethical? AI we encourage you to visit our resource library.